Saturday, April 4, 2015

Ch Braebrook's Black Russian

Rush was one of only two puppies born from my Rogan (BIS/BISS Am Ch Cambria's Commander in Chief) and Safi (Am/Can Ch United's First Edition) litter in 2011. The litter was a frozen semen breeding and when the semen arrived it was not in great shape which can sometimes happen during shipping. We decided to go ahead with the breeding anyway as we had been preparing very hard for it (many progesterone tests etc..) and the timing was perfect. I'm glad we did! Rush was my pick from the point he and his brother were up on their feet. He had lovely carriage and would often strike a pose all on his own which gave me lots of great photos ops.

Once Rush was old enough to show I quickly put seven points and a couple of best puppy in group wins on him. You can actually see him here at seven months old winning some of those points.
When Rush was about a year a Doberman friend told me about this great home that was looking for a Doberman and were really interested in Rush. After many emails, texts and phone calls it was decided that Rush would join Sharon, Bryan and Kaleb in Alberta. A whole province away, but I felt very confident that they would love him just as much as I did. It was agreed that they would get the last three points for his championship which they (he) did by going Winners Dog on the Doberman Pinscher National Specialty weekend in Calgary. I was there to see it as I had flown in to attend the National and show Ch Braebrook's Hennessy "Bravo" as a special (we went first Award Of Merit but that's another story ;) ). I was thrilled with such a fabulous finish to his championship and under judge Pat Trotter too, whom I really respect.

Rush has been living the good life as a well loved pet (as all dogs should) for the last couple of years but just flew back to Braebrook a couple of days ago as he is going to make his contribution to our breeding program. It's a contribution he's thrilled about by the way. ;) I'm thrilled about it too as it will be his first litter and not only is he a beautiful dog with an excellent temperament, his pedigree is very very good. His dam Safi is one of my favourite bitches (please don't tell the others!) as she has wonderful bone and substance, a strong beautiful head, moves with huge reach and drive and carries a perfect top line. I'm thrilled to be getting a little bit of her back into the breeding program through Rush.

Here are some new photos of Rush taken yesterday at three and a half years of age:

He has a lovely head with a beautiful dark eye.




I love how smooth he is, like he was poured into his skin, nothing loose (which is a big no no in this breed). His shoulder is excellent, lovely long neck, short hocks and strong rear. He had a back injury quite awhile back (pulled a muscle being rowdy) and you can see it's affected his top line just a little bit but you'd never know it watching him run around the yard. His owners keep him in lovely condition and I'm so thankful to them for providing him with such a wonderful home and for allowing me to bring him here for breeding. 



Keep your fingers crossed for Rush puppies in June! More info to come soon.


2 comments:

  1. Mariah - who's the lucky bitch ( don't know why but I love that phrase - lol). He is an elegant, very handsome dobe. Good luck. Errol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share once the breeding's been done Errol, I don't want to jinx things! lol

      Delete